On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:35 pm 

Gregory wrote:
I have been wondering why you don't mount your floors on legs, or on RIMS on legs.

Have you been gigging on that kit? The reason I ask is that in larger rooms where I played that kit, the under-square floors were voluminous. I mean, they filled a large hall in a way that they never did at home. The 16 in particular was a surprise; I found any and every excuse to hit it.

I've debated the RIMS route; however, I'm not sure if I'm all that pleased with the aesthetics of that set-up. I plan on e-mailing Dave Goodman over my break to ask him what difference the RIMS mount makes over the traditional Sonor hang-tom configuration.

I have not yet gigged this kit. I'm far too nervous to put any damage on it so until I get a decent set of cases (which, I'm currently looking for), they're gonna stay in my house! I can't wait to hear them in an open room though!

Designer Maple Light (Bubinga) 8,10,12,14,16, 22 kick
Force Custom (Bee-Bop Jazz) 12,14, 18 kick
Remo Roto Tom (Chrome) 14, 16
Snare HLD 588 Signature

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm 

I would mount them on Sonor legs, because I like them. I couldn't do that with the 14 because I sit up too high, and the (standard) legs would not have elevated the 14 tom to my playing height, but you may be okay. RIMS look like a fairly good solution, too... maybe even better since you keep the isolated characteristic intact.

You need to get those out of your room! Email me; I've got some cases that will probably work for you.