On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please host your photos in a third party location, and use the [img] function to link to them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:47 pm 

Thanks, Ron.

The Signatures have taken on a whole new life since cutting down the 12 (to 12x10), and finding an 18" kick.
;)

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 pm 

These pics are beautiful Cliff, I especially love the Dog in front of the kit shot. I like this Charlie better than the other Charlie. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 pm 

stevesmithfan wrote:
These pics are beautiful Cliff, I especially love the Dog in front of the kit shot. I like this Charlie better than the other Charlie. :lol:

Some smell the poop; some don't. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:48 pm 

stevesmithfan wrote:

Mine was born a lot later, and as dogs will do, has already overtaken the other Charlie on the maturity curve. ;)

River City Trio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:24 pm 

cliff wrote:
stevesmithfan wrote:

Mine was born a lot later, and as dogs will do, has already overtaken the other Charlie on the maturity curve. ;)

:P :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:24 pm 

Gregory wrote:
stevesmithfan wrote:

Some smell the poop; some don't. 8-)

And another :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:46 am 

Cliff where did you get those DeJohnette cymbals from...it's ok having the odd one or maybe two but is that the whole set!!! That's just taking the piss :lol:
Tell me all about the Ride, i've been listening to the 'Time On My Hands' Scofield cd and Breckers first solo cd for a long time and just know that that sound will suit me. Thinking about trying a Meinl Byzance extra dry, the sound samples/demo vid sound great!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:03 pm 

Hey Nick,

The JD Sabians got gathered up over the last year or two, from variety of different places. In the original series, I have:

• 14” hats
• 2 – 20” rides
• 18” crash
• 16” crash
• 20” china (the hardest one to find)

From the JD Encore series there are:

• 20” flat ride
• 17” crash
• 10” splash

As I understand it, the splash never was truly a part of the series, but Tony at Cymbals Only apparently requested some be made, and I got the splash from him.

I do have an extra 20” ride that has been cleanly drilled for one rivet (which is not installed). I got it that way, and it is a good sounding cymbal. If you are interested in it, let me know.

Here is a sound clip of the JD’s I made a while ago. It sounds like it was made before I had found the china, but it will give you a good idea of how the ride sounds.

River City Trio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 am 

At last, another 12” Signature heavy has become available, and is on its way to my house. Like the other one, it will get cut down to a 12” x 10”.

That will complete my objective of having (i) a separate, travel ready Signature 12” / 14” / 18” / snare bop kit, with complete hardware set-up, and (ii) a separate Signature 8” / 12” / 14” / 16” / 20” / snare kit, with complete hardware set-up to keep in the studio at home. ;)

Obviously, the 8” and or the 16” can easily be transferred to the travel kit as well, if so desired.

Also have a Signature 10” that I just do not use in any configuration. Anyone interested in a trade for an 8”?

I wish I had that kind of flexibility in the Designers, so the next quest may be to find a 12” x 10” rack tom and a 14” x 14” rack tom in Designer bubinga, maple light.

River City Trio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 am 

Congratulations Cliff!!!
Having 2 "independent" setups is always great.

I'll check for something like this back here - also, if You just decide to sell the 10", let me know. There are a couple of Sig owners back here who might be interested...

Let the good drums roll!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next