On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please host your photos in a third party location, and use the [img] function to link to them.

Post subject: A gloriuos moment
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:54 am 

A day that will go out in history!!! For me, that is!!! :geek: :geek: :geek:

Pictures say it ALL!!! Sonor S Classix 16"x18" bd in walnut roots

The box was BIG - apparently they use the same box for different sizes - plenty of room for the drum NOT to get damaged. :)

The package included the bd, 2 powerstroke3 head (coated for reso and clear for batter), the hardware parts, a batter patch and a hoop protector (a 3M tape but clever)and that SONOR multi drum key...
1205 STAMPED INSIDE THE SHELL

I put the REMO Emperor Coated head (that I had purchased before and used as a reso for the Gretsch bd for a couple of months). I like a coated batter more, although a clear head is good for samba patterns and fusion style.

Finally - fully assembled... :geek: :geek: :geek:

And here it is, as a full configuration (10,12,14,18bd).

The sound is HUGE - :o :shock: :o I know I used the Gretsch Catalina bass drum, and played several other 18" bass drums, but the S Classix is LOUDER than the rest, which I like VERY MUCH... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Friends, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART - I feel like I won the lottery!!!

I'm still waiting on images from You, to create the sticker that I'm gonna put inside the bass drum. Cliff already sent his note - it would be GREAT to have the bass drum "e-signed" by the others!!! ;)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Let the good drums roll!!!

Post subject: Re: A gloriuos moment
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:11 pm 

YAAHooooo! FANTASTIC! :D :D :D :D

That, right there, has got to be a fantastic gigging kit. No broken backs from schlepping, you can still carry it when you're 80, and great sound. Congratulations, Goki!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 pm 

Smiled all the way through this. I wanna hug you Goki. Thanks for sharing the excitement.
That is one gorgeous looking kit.
Being pretty aware of Sonor's creations and the way their lines work, and though I have never played SClassix, I hear them in my head and they are the Bomb. I know I would love the sound of those. Full on warm resonance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:16 pm 

I am really not sure what has taken place behind the scenes with this with folks on this forum.
I do know Cliff headed this one up and know some others gave to the cause.
I was having a slight rough spot financially when this came up so I sat this one out.
A public thank you to Cliff for taking this one and everyone else that made this a reality for Goki.

Cliff, we will talk privately, I do remember we discussed some way I could help out at a later date. And I would like to follow up on that.

What a great group this is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm 

There were a lot of folks that all contributed something including research time, resources, etc., and it would not have happened without all of that help of all kinds.

A lot of us live in places where most anything can be obtained easily, and some us don't. Every one of knows what it means to have the perfect kit; conversely we all know what is like to have that one last piece just out of reach.

We are also very fortunate to have Goki around here. A presence of eternal optimism and positive spirit. A force that brings out the good in other people.

It is a privilege to be involved with all of you guys, and a pleasure to help make good things happen for good people.
;)

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:59 pm 

Quote:
A presence of eternal optimism and positive spirit.

You could not have described him any better than that.
This is just the feel good post of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:19 am 

cliff wrote:
There were a lot of folks that all contributed something including research time, resources, etc., and it would not have happened without all of that help of all kinds. ;)

AMEN!!!

cliff wrote:

A lot of us live in places where most anything can be obtained easily, and some us don't. Every one of knows what it means to have the perfect kit; conversely we all know what is like to have that one last piece just out of reach.
;)

Especially when you find that the drum shops here do NOT import - they just resell stuff from other shops in neighboring countries... :( The final result - no good gear to purchase here...

cliff wrote:

We are also very fortunate to have Goki around here. A presence of eternal optimism and positive spirit. A force that brings out the good in other people.
;)

:oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm blushing already... All I can say is - I enjoy spending time with true friends, and I'm glad if my energy reflect that way...

cliff wrote:

It is a privilege to be involved with all of you guys, and a pleasure to help make good things happen for good people.
;)

Indeed, an honor and a privilege... :geek:

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 am 

Wow, that is such a happy ending to a long search!. And couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!! :D

That really made my day! It's been a tough week here... I survived the 3rd layoff at my company last Friday, but my best friend at work did not. I also lost out on a very "financially" rewarding drumming post last week to a drummer who can sing lead vocals. Ugh. So weird... such a punch in the chest after I got such gushing compliments from the band leader after cramming and playing the first gig. I was almost embarrassed with the way he was talking about me in front of the other musicians. It wasn't the most musically rewarding gig, but the money was very good and that's rare these days.

I sold an 18x16" S-Classix bass drum about a year ago and I'm still kicking myself for doing it. Enjoy yours!

- D.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 am 

Congrats Goki and to the members here. Having just participated in a donation/tribute/fund drive of another kind, I know how rewarding it is to pull something off something good.

Everything Cliff said was true... Congrats to all....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm 

This is just beyond amazing!!! Congrats Goki you deserve the world bro! :D