On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 pm 

Wish I saw it, been there, hung out with Cliff.
But I needed to be on my game monday morning and it paid off, got a new job!!
Doesn't make up for missing it, but I really needed it to happen for my own sanity.
Next time Cliff, and I hope it is on a Saturday so we can geek out at Maxwells at the same time!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:08 am 

I sure wish you could have made it as well, Tim, but we do what we have to do. In your situation, I would have done the same.

The only thing we know for sure is that we'll both try for next time, and hope we get out of Steve Maxwell's with our checkbooks intact. ;)

What is the new job about?

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:00 pm 

I am a pro at getting out of those places with a snare drum head, don't worry Cliff! New Gretsch prices are coming down so your new bop kit wont cost as much either... :lol:

I am going back to my old company doing ultra high end work, projects that end up in design magazines and the like. I am very excited to get back to some high quality stuff, and real project management. Somehow the work doesn't seem as hard when things are really well done all the time and you don't have to babysit the people who work for you all day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 pm 

Fantastic, Tim. What you describe is like playing in a band where everyone has done their homework and knows how it goes. It is about one tenth of the work and ten times the satisfaction.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 pm 

tim wrote:
I am a pro at getting out of those places with a snare drum head, don't worry Cliff! New Gretsch prices are coming down so your new bop kit wont cost as much either... :lol:

I am going back to my old company doing ultra high end work, projects that end up in design magazines and the like. I am very excited to get back to some high quality stuff, and real project management. Somehow the work doesn't seem as hard when things are really well done all the time and you don't have to babysit the people who work for you all day.

Coming out of there with a new (old) Gretsch bop kit is exactly what I am afraid of.

Congratulations on going back to something rewarding; sure does make it easier to leave the house in the morning, eh?

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?