On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Off to China
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:50 am 

Thanks Greg, glad you are honest about it. Its not for everyone, and we wrote that track 8 years ago. We are trying to come up with a few new ones in time for the trip.
We have pitched to Hollyweird, it is just a maze of folks trying to get in the door. We tried the silent scoring route for Dvd with distributors and we figured we would get paid about 50 cents an hour once the offers came in. We may try again, we have been lying low for a year trying to recenter ourselves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 am 

tim wrote:
Thanks Greg, glad you are honest about it. Its not for everyone, and we wrote that track 8 years ago. We are trying to come up with a few new ones in time for the trip.
We have pitched to Hollyweird, it is just a maze of folks trying to get in the door. We tried the silent scoring route for Dvd with distributors and we figured we would get paid about 50 cents an hour once the offers came in. We may try again, we have been lying low for a year trying to recenter ourselves.

"Not for everyone" is true even of vanilla.

I'm not surprised to hear that there's a queue lined up, since once the word gets out that "there's gold in them hills," anyone with synth and spare time would start sieving for nuggets. Where hitting a vein is concerned, it's flukey, and more often than not comes down to who you know. The best thing is probably to stay the path you're on. You guys are having a wild and unusual ride. I'm not exactly envious; there must be some word that expresses it without resorting to one of the deadly sins, but I don't know what it is. You certainly have my respect. 8-)

Post subject: Channelling Tim...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 am 

Got this from Tim and wanted to pass on to all.

Hey cliff,

I can't log onto the forum because I am behind the great firewall, but email is working. Let the boys know I am happy and healthy even though I am getting nice allergies to all the pollution and butt smoke, and the tsa stole my hi hats. Outside of that I feel a bit like I landed on mars, completely illiterate and am using sign language to communicate. The people are super nice and they couldn't belive the film we are doing, they thought it was amazing.
It is truly bizarre to be in a city of 30 million people, I am now in wuhan which is a small city of 19 million. Imagine the austin skyline as low income housing and multiply it by 30, it's an incredible sight. Food is all good, everything is cheap, and most of the drum kits have been decent canopus or yamaha, although tonight I rocked a pearl export and I have to say, with some pinstripes they sound like rock drums.

Take care, just thought I would check in, hope you survived sxsw ok, seems like mayhem these days.

tim

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am 

Great hearing from him. Send our greetings back, Cliff, with pleasure hearing that things are going well :D , excitement at the eye opening experience it must be :D , and enthusiasm to hearing more about it when he returns. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 pm 

Gregory wrote:
Great hearing from him. Send our greetings back, Cliff, with pleasure hearing that things are going well :D , excitement at the eye opening experience it must be :D , and enthusiasm to hearing more about it when he returns. :D

+1 :D :D

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am 

BAck after a thirty hour travel day, the only part of which that was messed up was Newark-Boston with a two hour delay last night. I had a cup of coffee and a bagel for the first time in two weeks, amazing. I love coffee.
I think everything made it back in one piece, the airlines have no idea what happened to the stuff out of my cymbal bag, maybe I will get me some new hats. The last few days of rock shows were completely amazing, great bands and stages and progressively crappier drumkits, amazing food and people. It is nice to be breathing clean air. Will post more when I am not so tired and will upload some pictures as well. Thanks for all the well wishes when i was over there! And David thanks again for helping on the kickstarter end, without that we would have been screwed, with it we had an amazing time.
Talk soon fellas, I'm off to buy a Jojo pedal.... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:17 pm 

Welcome back, Tim; look forward to hearing more. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:52 pm 

Yup - welcome back!!!

Now, try to rest a bit and focus on that great topic filled with pictures... ;)

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm 

This is great reading. Many thanks Tim.
Looking forward to anything else you might add.