On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CLIFF MAXWELL: RIP
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:10 pm 

A link to Cliffs obituary, written by Teri:
http://www.beckchapels.com/sitemaker/si ... 8_CMaxwell

Clifford Erle Maxwell, of Leander, TX, passed away on August 11, 2017 at the age of 62. He was born on December 28, 1954 in Bridgeport, CT to parents Frederick Erle Maxwell and Evelyn Fisher Hendricks.

Although Cliff was born in Bridgeport, Ct, he spent most of his childhood in Milford, Ct. Cliff became involved with cars at a young age. At 13, he decided to go down to the local gas station and started wiping windshields. He asked his parents for a toolbox for Christmas and just started to work on cars at the station. When the owners realized what an asset he was, they put him on salary.

Unbeknownst to his mother, he purchased his first car and kept it at that gas station. Cliff’s love affair with cars had begun.

Cliff was greatly influenced by his great uncle Tony Pruckner. Tony was an exceptional man, an MIT graduate, who at one time worked under the famous scientist Werner Von Braun. Tony was also a charming neighborhood activist who deeply believed in our democracy. Tony encouraged in Cliff a love of debate, spirited conversation, and helped nurture a profound respect and admiration for our inalienable rights as Americans.

Against all odds, Cliff, and Teri met on an overseas flight to Hong Kong. Cliff was scheduled to fly on another airline. He was transferred to Teri’s flight at the last minute and granted an upgrade that placed him right across the aisle from the love of his life. After a 2 year romance, mostly through the mail, Teri and Cliff were married on October, 21, 1995.

Cliff’s career was based in finance. He worked for several technology companies in CT and Austin, Texas. His last position was with Siemens.

For 23 years Teri and Cliff made their home in Leander TX where their circle of friends grew with his varied interests. His 2 favorite pastimes were racing and music. Through the Sports Car Club of America, Cliff made many of his dearest friends. He was an accomplished musician on the drums and many acquaintances that began in a shared musical interest deepened into cherished friendships…and these friendships reached across the world. His close friendships were many and they reflected the admiration, respect and love that these bonds were based on.

Cliff is survived by his loving wife Therese ; his mother and stepfather Evelyn and Bruce Hendricks of Milford, CT; his 2 older sisters Pamela Kenney and her husband, William and Patricia Stokes and her fiancé Joe Garcia; his stepsister Paige Ransford and her husband Larry; his nieces Amanda and Morgan Kenney; His nephew Daryl Stokes and his wife Catherine Stokes and great niece Charlotte. His nephew Michael Stokes. His niece Jennifer Justinger and great niece Erica. His nephew, and niece Jake and Grace Ransford.

In 2015 Cliff lost his beloved black Labrador retriever Charlie Watts Maxwell.

There will be 2 memorial services:

August 22, 2017 at Beck’s funeral home in Cedar Park, TX at 6:00 PM

1700 E. Whitestone Blvd

Cedar Park, TX 78613

512-259-1610

September 9, 2017 at Cody White Funeral Home in Milford, CT at 1:00 PM

107 North Broad Street

Milford, CT 06460

203 – 874 – 0268

Cliff will be interned in CT – actual location to be advised.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to “Head for the Cure”, http://www.headforthecure.org to support brain cancer research.

Thank you to everyone, my family, my dearest friends for all of your love and support…and especially to Reacher – the Leaner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 am 

Just getting back from vacation and seeing this... This seems so terribly sudden and shocking to his family and friends. My sincerest condolences to all.

I only knew Cliff from this forum, but he was the most gracious host to me, and always had the funniest and most "to the point" responses! As my brother would say, he seemed to live a genuine, "no-bullshit" style of life. He will certainly be sorely missed by his drumming family.

- D.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:47 am 

Wow,I just checked in and can't believe it. Cliff always gave me great words of encouragement and guidance through the years and I will really miss those conversations. Like David I only knew him through the forum and emails but had hoped to visit if I ever got back to Texas. My condolences to Teri and everyone here who was lucky enough to meet him, jam with him and have a good old fashioned drum hang.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:54 pm 

Still in complete shock over this. I delayed logging in here. I miss him.

I would imagine this site will go down soon. Does anybody have any ideas to keep us together?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 am 

Kelly wrote:
Still in complete shock over this. I delayed logging in here. I miss him.

I would imagine this site will go down soon. Does anybody have any ideas to keep us together?

:( :( :( :( :(
Me too Kelly....

...I'm here if there's need of participating in the site costs...

I'm convinced that we should keep the site alive. After all, I always saw this forum as a "family meeting point".

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:25 am 

I'm sorry, guys, I should have told you:

Teri intends to keep the site going. She doesn't know who was hosting it, so she'll have to monitor Cliff's emails for a while for renewal a renewal notice. This seems important to her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am 

Please tell Teri MANY thanks from all of us!

- D.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 am 

phatsolid wrote:
Please tell Teri MANY thanks from all of us!

- D.

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:25 pm 

Hello all,

I have just read this absolutely terrible news. Cliff was one of the few on the ‘other’ forum that pm’d me when I first joined just to say Hey and if I needed any help just to ask. Could not have met a nicer guy and he instantly made me feel at home. I have taken a slight break from life over the last few years but things are getting back on track and I really will miss Cliff. I’m just so sorry I didn’t keep in touch with him more......

Hope all is well with everybody on here but it really just simply can’t be the same anymore.....

All the best

Ron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:26 pm 

SonoRon wrote:
Hello all,

I have just read this absolutely terrible news. Cliff was one of the few on the ‘other’ forum that pm’d me when I first joined just to say Hey and if I needed any help just to ask. Could not have met a nicer guy and he instantly made me feel at home. I have taken a slight break from life over the last few years but things are getting back on track and I really will miss Cliff. I’m just so sorry I didn’t keep in touch with him more......

Hope all is well with everybody on here but it really just simply can’t be the same anymore.....

All the best

Ron

Wow, great to hear from you, Ron. Are you still playing drums? It is somehow hard for me to imagine what "taken a slight break from life over the last few years" could possibly mean, but it would be interesting to hear what you have been up to.

I continue to revisit things that Cliff and I talked about, because there were so many things we spoke of. I am chagrined that he is gone, but there it is. As far as it not being the same, no it cannot, but then again, what is?

In any case, I am very sure that Cliff would have desired that we continue to gather at this spot. No question in my mind on that point.