On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Teardrops
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

Lovely set - GREAT veneer...

Let the good drums roll!!!

Post subject: Re: Teardrops
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 am 

Pretty near me, too. Too bad there's no 12. Very nice condition, it appears.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:00 am 

I'm considering selling my 12/14/20 rosewood teardrop also in great condition. Don't see the smaller toms too often. I'll add some pics and info next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:41 am 

sonordrug wrote:
I'm considering selling my 12/14/20 rosewood teardrop also in great condition. Don't see the smaller toms too often. I'll add some pics and info next week.

Hey Lane,

Good to see you here.

I don't imagine you know where to hunt down an 18" kick, eh?

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm 

An 18" teardrop? Sold two of the 4 I know of or have heard of (like an idiot even if the money was 'right'). I may someday get one of those back with the rest of the kit.
Seems this went for less $ than I had hoped for. Still, mine with the 12 & 14 floor + the 20 (also a nice grain on all) should bring considerably more OR I won't sell. Love the sound of them but scared to take them on the road, although, I did so for quite a while without problem.
I've really dialed in my USA Gretsch 10x9 13x13 16x14 kit for my taste like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDEVTl-L14

Jeez, rather embarrassed to put that up what without shirt as well as rushing at the beginning of the 'drum break'. Too bad it didn't continue with the jam that came afterwards. If you hang in there long enough you will here the sound of the toms which I rather like.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:05 pm 

I realize this may not be the place for my post above. Maybe I can move it when I'm not about to pass out from exhaustion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 pm 

sonordrug wrote:
I realize this may not be the place for my post above. Maybe I can move it when I'm not about to pass out from exhaustion.

Pretty good right where it's at. The toms sound great; all the drums do. Surely that bass is not a 16?

Great playing, too. Didn't hear the rush you mentioned, and quite often that's the case: we hear our own faults but no one else does.

Those Drops went for a little less than I'd expected, but remarkably, that's about the neighborhood of the going price. I paid a grand for 12/13/16/20 in rosewood, but they were a bit chewed. With reimbursement from FedEx for some damage they cost $850, closer to a happy price. But I love this kit, and from my point of view they are a great bargain. And they seem roadworthy, though I have never destroyed a drum through use.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm 

sonordrug wrote:
...I've really dialed in my USA Gretsch 10x9 13x13 16x14 kit for my taste...

...If you hang in there long enough you will here the sound of the toms which I rather like.

Hey Lane,

I think this kit did not get a fair showing at Stubb's, due to sound system, etc. Tom's sound great in this clip, and the kick is a lot stronger.

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm 

Thanks for the kind words, Gregory. Stubb's in Austin was a little rough in some ways, like 100+ heat. I heard that unless you sit in direct center the sound is not quite right at Stubb's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:20 pm 

sonordrug wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, Gregory. Stubb's in Austin was a little rough in some ways, like 100+ heat. I heard that unless you sit in direct center the sound is not quite right at Stubb's.

Can't imagine the heat; I just got home from driving, sitting behind the wheel, in 90ยบ temps and that's plenty of impetus for me to say nothing about a shirtless drummer, other than it's something I might have done some years ago, but, as a glimpse in the mirror now suggests, that for the sake of the audience I lay the notion away alongside a lot of other misdirected notions about personal freedom. :oops: :lol: