On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member saying hello
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 am 

Hello all, a new member here and wanted to say hello to all when I had a minute to do so. I decided to lean to play drums about 2 1/2 years ago or so after telling myself I would do it someday (better late than never). I managed to get an emerald green 5 piece Sonor s-class pro kit in wonderful shape and the person I study with can't believe how great it sounds.

I really enjoy playing and I look forward to learning more about drums in general through the forum. Besides, Kelly has another s-class pro guy onboard.

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 am 

Michael,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your persistence in getting through the sign-up problems.

Now, if you know Kelly, the next thing you are going to hear will be something like, "Pictures, or it ain't so."

Looking forward to seeing, and maybe hearing your S Class Pro's.
;)

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am 

Welcome Michael,
You'll find this place very friendly oriented!!!

Congratulations on the S Class Pro's - they certainly are great sounding drums, and please don't be shy to post photos...

Once again - welcome!!! :D

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 am 

Michael J wrote:
Hello all, a new member here and wanted to say hello to all when I had a minute to do so. I decided to lean to play drums about 2 1/2 years ago or so after telling myself I would do it someday (better late than never). I managed to get an emerald green 5 piece Sonor s-class pro kit in wonderful shape and the person I study with can't believe how great it sounds.
Michael

Sit on down and take your shoes off, Michael. Welcome! If you have the Sonors Kelly is always raving about, good for you! As Goki says, a friendly place, but not without the occasional good natured barb, and I am thinking: if leaning is the secret, I'm gonna try it soon! ;) :D

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:26 am 

Ack!! Sorry! I never check this section.

Cliff..."Pics or it didn't happen"
lol

Welcome Michael!
SClass Pros are in my blood. I see one for sale now in my sizes but the guy is asking an unreasonable price for it.
Having said that.....the German made kits are extremely hard to find. They very rarely come up for sale. Apparently he's trying to take advantage of that.
I've had too many to overpay for them, so I'll wait for a little more clueless seller.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm 

Kelly, I joined soon after emailing you. Haven't had a chance to post anything since my first post but look forward to interacting more. I came across a NOS 14x12 emerald green Sonor s-class pro hanging tom that is a perfect addition to my kit. The price was right and hard to resist, so I picked it up. I am still on my quest I mentioned to you of finding an 8x8 and/or 16x16 emerald green s-class tom.

Cliff, lol I promise to post a pic as soon as I get around to figuring out how.

Everyone else, thank you for the warm welcome!

Michael J

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 am 

Michael,
Roland on here has an Emerald Green SClass Pro kit with a 20" kick. He loves it. He's touring now and I think he uses it on the road, not sure. I know he gigs with it.
I had Emerald Green and the Aqua green. I didn't like the Aqua green so much but I had no idea SClass Pros were going to practically vanish off the face of the earth so I wish I would have kept it.
The Emerald greens are real hard to find orphans for but I'll surely keep a look out for you. Actually, floor toms in any color on the Pro series are few and far between. Most are hang toms.
Good to see ya. If you need help posting pics let us know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm 

Welcome Michael,

Kelly sent me a PM as he must have noticed I was browsing through the site for the first time in months. I miss yoooz guyz. These gentleman are the best you can find anywhere Michael. I am sorry I missed out on the 18" kick action for Goki. Goki my brother, my heart sank when I read through your US trip thread. I looked back at my calendar and we were playing Austin on May 17th. The pitts. I have been too busy and I am am getting a bit road weary, but I should have kept up with what is going on as far as everyone on the site.

I am writing this from Tulcan, Ecuador after a couple of concerts in Cali,Columbia.

Everyone here has years of wisdom and integrity...though we all roll our eyes when Kelly uses the "P" word. Yes I do have an Emerald Green S-Class Pro set which I bought from Kelly. You are correct, Kelly, it is my touring set. I have looked for a long while for a 16" tom so consider yourself most fortunate Michael.

My apologies to all for being a lost and wandering child who should check in more frequently. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:01 pm 

There, I reprimanded him :)

You must be sick missing Goki bro.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 pm 

Sick to my stomach!!! :oops: :( :? :cry: :|