On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stuff on eBay
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:28 pm 

Hi Guys,
I'm going to add to this list every day or two:

http://shop.ebay.com/supraman!/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Thanks,
:ugeek: Brian

Post subject: Re: Stuff on eBay
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm 

Just added a 22" Black Label 2002 Ride!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 am 

Wow Brian. Great cymbal. Me and my friends back then were all 2002 addicts. They were the hottest thing to hit the drum world back then.
No money to throw around or I would check it out.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:09 pm 

Thanks Kelly,
I'm planning to sell off anything that's not being played! Ebay is really becoming a buyer's (or thieves) market. I had a gorgeous 20" Pang up TWICE. Tons of emails for that one as well as this one. Do I have to buy a flipping gram scale just to sell a cymbal these days? Do we really have freaks shopping for cymbals using a cymbals weight as their prime criteria? How about just using your ears like we did when we were coming up?
Sorry for the rant, but I'm really getting ticked off. It seems there are some folks out there whose sole mission in life is to stroke sellers with lots of questions, but not bidding. I used to list lots of things on the forums, but I thought I'd cut to the chase an eBay 'em.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:05 pm 

Hookd on Phonics wrote:
Do we really have freaks shopping for cymbals using a cymbals weight as their prime criteria? How about just using your ears like we did when we were coming up?
Sorry for the rant, but I'm really getting ticked off. It seems there are some folks out there whose sole mission in life is to stroke sellers with lots of questions, but not bidding. I used to list lots of things on the forums, but I thought I'd cut to the chase an eBay 'em.

Without a sound file, how they gonna listen? ;)

I can imagine your frustration, since it isn't your profession to sell cymbals. If you did, you'd weigh 'em because that's what the market apparently wants. You do always have the choice not to respond to questions. Or to post a disclaimer that you "can't weigh it so don't ask."

Weight is a good way, if the cymbal line is already known, to judge the sound and feel, so you might consider weighing them, even if just a marketing ploy. I suspect the cost of a good scale is steep for the number of cymbals you're selling, and that's a reasonable response to requests.

Your photos look nice enough and the descriptions are articulate, so when the right buyer shows up and your price matches his wallet, voila.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:42 am 

All a sign of the economic times. There are very few buyers and they can be pretty picky.

I've been doing the same thing for seems like years now....selling off anything I don't use. Somehow...crap keeps coming back.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:52 am 

Kelly wrote:
...I've been doing the same thing for seems like years now....selling off anything I don't use. Somehow...crap keeps coming back.

Well, what would you expect!?

Most of the Link era drums in the world have been 'trained' to come to your house when they get away from any one else temporarily in possession.

What concerns me is how many may be camping in the woods by your old house, believing you will eventually return and take them in. :o :lol:

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:05 am 

I'm afraid to look back. Honestly.
The amount is frightening. I think I'm personally responsible for 50 percent of the link era stuff in the US.

Oops...hijacking Brians thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:21 pm 

Kelly wrote:
I'm afraid to look back. Honestly.
The amount is frightening. I think I'm personally responsible for 50 percent of the link era stuff in the US.

Oops...hijacking Brains thread.

It's all Good, Kel... To hijack this one even further, I really like your latest kit better than the Q2s.
I'm slowly paring it down to three kits and three snares;
#1) CL Lites w/LD547xx w/ 8, 10, 12, 13, 15FT, 18FT, 2 22s.
#2) CL Lites w White D518xx w/ 13, 16FT, 18FT, 24
#3) 80s Ludwig Classics, 8, 10, 12, 14FT, 16FT, virgin 16 x 24, with a Joyful Noise Drum Company 6 1/2 x 14. I bought all the drums individually and had them professionally rewrapped in Precision's Polar Ice (Iridescent White Marine Pearl) 10 years ago. I should sell them, as I haven't played them since 2006, but they were a labor of love. As soon as I get the unused drum junk out of one back room downstairs, I plan to move the electronic kit into that room and set the Ludwigs up in the main room with the Sonors.

As you can tell, I've been quite blessed, and have no reason to gripe about anything.

Guys: Thanks for all your kind words. They help me recognize what a boob I can be sometimes... But, boobs are pretty good too, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Last edited by Hookd on Phonics on Thu May 06, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:20 pm 

Love boobs.