On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Might be worth a look
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:40 am 

Ok guys I don't show up much and here I am going to type a long one.

Every drummer looks for drumless tracks to practice with. Yes we all end up searching and finding those free MIDI tracks that should like crap or a cover that is not right.

I found something that you may already know about but for those who don't here it is.

Jammit.com is a great site for those looking for tracks. Here is how it works. You download a free app for you iPad, itouch, Mac or PC. You download the songs from their store which is linked to iTunes and it stores the songs in the Jammit app.

When you open the song you get a control panel that allows you to listen to the song with drums and a click. You can turn the click off and the band off and only listen to the drums or you can turn the drums off and play with the band. They transcribe the drum parts for you and you can slow the entire song down or just the part you are working on and loop it.

Now the best part. These are all original artist song masters mixed into their app. They secure the license and provide you with high quality sound. When you buy a Boston song it is made from the Boston master not a guy in a tribute band Bostin.

The catalog is not huge yet but it has some good ones. Many complained about the price 3.99 to 4.99 per track but the way I see it that is a fair price for what you get and the artist deserves to get paid. Think about it, it is almost like getting a private lesson for 5 bucks. You can also record your playing back to the song and hear how you did and email the completed song for review.

You get the original song with vocals and drums, with the transcription, ability to slow it down and loop it for practice and play your drums with Boston. Well you get the idea. They offer it for keyboards, bass and guitar as well.

Ok now I will go away for another year. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 pm 

Damn.

Never mind recorded tracks...

...I gotta get me a band like that.

Kidding aside, someone did some work to get access to the tracks, and to strip out various instruments from the mix.

Interesting to see if the catalogue builds, and if the pricing improves with volume.

Happy New Year, Sam.

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:31 am 

Thanks for the info Sam.
See you in 2015!