On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: teh BEST deal
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 am 

Wish I had the cash... :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.sonormuseum.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=9024

8x12 (with tom arm and tom mount), 14x14 (w/legs), 16x18 kick with Sonor thru the shell tom mount installed. (not the boat anchor).
Drums are 9.5 of 10 cosmetically and a perfect ten functionally. Tune up and down fantastically and respond well to head changes.
$1300 + shipping to the 48 states. Paypal gift or postal money order. Check clears before shipping.

Let the good drums roll!!!

Post subject: Re: teh BEST deal
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:08 am 

Goki wrote:
...Paypal gift or postal money order. Check clears before shipping.

The best deal?!

All risk and no protection for you; no fees and no risk for him.

Maybe just a difference between 'forum friends' and real friends, but any deal I have ever done with anyone here has been based on mutual trust, none of this '...check clears before shipping.'

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 am 

:shock: :? :shock:

I was just commenting about the price Cliff... And since I'm not from the US, I know very little of this...

As You explained it - it seems that VJ decided to make this deal bulletproof - for him... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:58 am 

:lol:

Goki sees the price and Cliff sees the dynamics.

Still, it is a good price, shipped and all, if it's a kit you're looking for and if you can conscience the post drilled through the kick.

I used to have a lot bad to say about the Designer track mount. I have grown to admire it. As I understand the chronology, the Links sold the company in '92. Designers appeared in '94. Does anyone have insight into the dynamics of the sale and the concurrent design approach? Were Designers the first output of the new company or were they part of an ongoing conceptual shift at Sonor? I can imagine making the argument in either direction.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 am 

Gregory wrote:
Were Designers the first output of the new company or were they part of an ongoing conceptual shift at Sonor?

Yes..... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 am 

Well Gregory - I too think that a buyer should look at the whole deal, not just the package. I have at least two drummer-friends back here, who ask me to order something from the german ebay at least twice a month. they ALWAYS back out when I tell them that shipping costs would be 25euro at least, and there are also taxes. :lol:

Regarding the Designer double tom mount - it's simply the best piece of hardware on that series. Then come those spurs, etc. But, the hardware solution is what makes the Designer recognizable... :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 pm 

Goki wrote:
Well Gregory - I too think that a buyer should look at the whole deal, not just the package. I have at least two drummer-friends back here, who ask me to order something from the german ebay at least twice a month. they ALWAYS back out when I tell them that shipping costs would be 25euro at least, and there are also taxes. :lol:

Regarding the Designer double tom mount - it's simply the best piece of hardware on that series. Then come those spurs, etc. But, the hardware solution is what makes the Designer recognizable... :)

Goki, I have been converted to the Designer aesthetic.

The only thing I don't like about the Designer series (apart from stopping in and out GENUWINE veneers) is the throwoff. Yes, it does what it is designed to do and performs perfectly well, but wasn't designed and doesn't do what the TO2 or parallel did; and of those two, I particularly favor the TO2 for simplicity, light weight, and for not occupying the same space your leg is supposed to when playing..