On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:22 pm 

Okay, money orders are off to Gunnar. The seller has been notified. Hopefully Gunnar will be able to get to him by this time next week. After that they must be packed and shipped to me...the saga unfolds. See what you've done Kelly!
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 am 

Ahhh poor Gunnar, that's a big kit.
But Gunnar's a big boy :D

Did he throw in all the cymbals and stuff too Hale?

I'll be watching...expecting news and pics. Maybe Gunnar will drag all his kits back out in the yard for another family photo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:01 pm 

Well, got the truck issue squared away and loaded up on packing supplies from work. Went to the post office/bank & now have cash in hand as well.....going to contact the seller tonight to set up a pickup time. Hopefully we can make that happen on Friday, and I can get her boxed up and out the door by Saturday. Yeah, as far as I know he's throwing in the cymbals, hardware, etc.

Another family photo will definitely have to happen sometime as I've picked so much up since the last one. If I start bringing it all outside this week, maybe I'll be able to get a couple pics by spring! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 pm 

You have a job too Gunnar? Where the hay do you get your energy from.

Soon there will be two Signia guys here :D against several Sonor guys. I think we can take em 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:44 pm 

Kelly wrote:

Soon there will be two Signia guys here :D against several Sonor guys. I think we can take em 8-)

Not taking mine anywhere. :? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 pm 

Yes Kel we can convert some more...wait I haven't even played mine yet.

I remember a Signia kit I heard locally in like 1995. I had about $4000 in hand from student loans and wanted to buy my "drum set to end all drum sets." I narrowed it to a Signia set, a Sonor Hilite Exclusive, and finally I bought a local endorsers Yamaha Maple Custom set. I'll have owned them all now. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm 

Kelly wrote:
...Soon there will be two Signia guys here :D against several Sonor guys. I think we can take em 8-)

...against several Sonor guys?!

What have you got against us?

We're the same guys we were before you renounced your old beliefs.

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 pm 

I saw the light. I must preach and make converts. Friends don't let friends play Sonor.

That's a gorgeous kit Hale. Supposed to be mint condition. I hope they do for you what mine have done for me. I think I told you the blacks are very rare as they were only an experiment by Premier with wraps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:29 pm 

Proselytising in such a sensitive and intimate area as tub devotion. Oh the humanity! :shock: Oh what a world! :o What have we come to?!?!? 8-)

Roland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 am 

Kelly wrote:
I saw the light. I must preach and make converts. Friends don't let friends play Sonor.

That's a gorgeous kit Hale. Supposed to be mint condition. I hope they do for you what mine have done for me. I think I told you the blacks are very rare as they were only an experiment by Premier with wraps.

No these ones are lacquer, as are the other black ones I've seen. Where did you hear wrap?

I do think it will end up being a great set for me. I'll have to unload a bunch of the extra gear, and reimburse Gunnar for all the hard work, and pay to ship them to me, but that's part of the hunt, no?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next