On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please host your audio/video clip in a third party location, and use the [url] function to link to them.

Post subject: Re: More nonsense
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:55 pm 

Rogers Big R.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:53 pm 

Quote:
I used to see Rod play all the time with Dixie Dregs. He's a big reason why I played Premier for years. He used to play Genistas or Signias interchangeably at his gigs and his clinics.

- D.

Time to replace your avatar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 am 

Kelly wrote:
Should be this series Latz but who knows. Supposedly a few of these were his from the club in Boston I got them from. Someone else supposedly did a clinic on them also, big name just can't remember it. That's how much I think of these things.
Would like to see the video in any case if you come up with it.

I can only say these things really proved themselves at a recent audition. I was floored how well they did. You know, some times the kit spends so much time at home, you tune to it, your house that is. And really wonder how it's going to do somewhere else.

The video is called "Hot Drummer" video magazine. There was only 2 issues ever published. Production cost must have been too great. The first issue has Rod, Pat Torpey (Mr. Big), Michael Cartellone (Damn Yankees) & Tommy Aldridge. The second has (which I don't have on DVD yet) Doane Perry (Jethro Tull), Walfredo Reyes (Santana maybe) & Steve Smith. these are both from around '91 or '92, so it was definitely rock orientated. I am a bit hesitant to post online as I'm sure the copyright has expired, but I still hate to walk that line. I know Doane is playing Signia's and his tom sound is very similar to Rod's and yours Kelly.

We'll see what I can do.... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:04 am 

Kelly,

If memory serves, I thought it was suggested by the seller that your set belonged to Rod M.

Roland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:52 am 

Latz, no problem. Don't post anything you're not comfortable with.

That's what he said Roland, he said "owned by Rod" and someone else did a clinic on them. I can't retrieve the messages as I've had a comp crash since then.

Glad I didn't post the new band in the "bands, Projects section.....crashed and burned...they come and go at the speed of light around here. All I have left at the moment is this band that has been stumbling along for a few months now. Frustrating. Think it's a "Southern thing".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:46 am 

Kelly wrote:
.crashed and burned...they come and go at the speed of light around here. All I have left at the moment is this band that has been stumbling along for a few months now. Frustrating. Think it's a "Southern thing".

Sorry to hear it. Music is a very odd occupation. I have a friend who plays first chair violin in a major symphony... I won't say which. He hates it, can't wait to retire. All that we hear about following our dreams and he ends up with the dream pulling tight around his neck, and (in his mind) has to persevere unto retirement.

Keep the faith! :) :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am 

Kelly,

It's such a drag to get the adrenalin pumping and to begin getting psyched up to play for a "band", only to have a series of flaky backers, or band members, or circumstances put the kabosh on everything. :cry: The Christian realm is no different from the main stream in that regard..and maybe just a little more flaky come to think about it. :oops: Who knows, the circumstances may change once again for that band once they know what they really want. :?

By the way Kelly, are you getting any of that snow falling in your area?

Roland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:05 pm 

It is a little more flaky Roland. Maybe a lot more. A whole other set of parimeters (problems) come into play.
I was glad to find out the problems before I got way down the road with it.

I'm seriously burnt out though. It's like the 6th band in the last two years that looked like "the one".
Drums are still in their cases and I'm still okay with it. This crap gets harder as you get older. Folks are more set in their ways. Including me, it's a lot of work.
And now talk of snow :cry:
No, no snow here, but this winter does not look promising for being in the South.