On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:58 pm 

Croyd wrote:
Kelly wrote:
Quote:
I've had it with the smug, smarmy, self-satisfied Kelly. You and he can both take a leap off your tower of Sonors, since it's obvious you've nothing better to do with them.
I'm sick & tired of you small-time, terminally boring, insular Sonorholes.
You can't give me the boot, I QUIT!
Ron

If we're so terminally boring, why was he here in the first place and why did he keep coming back? :? :roll: :lol: An old adage about glass houses and rocks springs to mind here. I tried to stay out of it too, because well, if you ain't got nothin' nice to say... ;) :lol: :lol:

Okay, I'm gonna go back to bein the rambunctious rah rah guy now!! :P :roll: :lol: :lol:

Thats it Bro ;) . keep the Biffo coming, makes for an interesting read.
And you know what they say about guys with big kick drums :oops: :lol: , substitute for...........lack of......
Me still like Rock Dums :lol:, Big kickdrum Buddy and Gene style

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Thats it Bro ;) . keep the Biffo coming

Jeff, since I don't speak Aussie slang...I kid you not, I just googled Biffo. I like it. I'm going to add it to my my own personal dictionary. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 pm 

Why would you take your 'Bat and ball' and go home now :? . It was just starting to get interesting.

Perhaps I'm not Intelligent/Intellectual enough to get into Jazz, not saying I hate it, I think its the same as what certain people suggested to me when I played Death Metal, 'It all sounds the same', and I mean no disrespect whatsoever with this statement, but to the un-educated ear, I'm sure most of it does sound the same.
Any Niche', or specific Genre of music that appears to be left of centre will attract those who want to be left of centre, myself included, back in the day.
And for 10yrs I wouldn't listen to any other style of music, Extreme Metal all the way.
I probably sounded a bit like Ron did, :oops: Oh Well :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm 

Croyd wrote:
Kelly wrote:
Quote:
I've had it with the smug, smarmy, self-satisfied Kelly. You and he can both take a leap off your tower of Sonors, since it's obvious you've nothing better to do with them.
I'm sick & tired of you small-time, terminally boring, insular Sonorholes.
You can't give me the boot, I QUIT!
Ron

If we're so terminally boring, why was he here in the first place and why did he keep coming back? :? :roll: :lol: An old adage about glass houses and rocks springs to mind here. I tried to stay out of it too, because well, if you ain't got nothin' nice to say... ;) :lol: :lol:

Okay, I'm gonna go back to bein the rambunctious rah rah guy now!! :P :roll: :lol: :lol:

WTF happened to this thread? The only reason I hadn't gotten into this discussion was a) a lack of time to adequately present my thoughts on this subject, and b) it would have been easier to go "Uh Huh, 'zactly my thoughts on this subject" or, "what he said!". I came back to get into it tonight and it's turned into a full-scale pissing match! This absolutely has to be a record; How long has this forum been open 3-4 weeks? Usually, Royal (Pain in the) Ace waits a bit before showing his true colors, which varies between turd brown and red in the face.
But after reading through this entire thread, I must say that I am truly proud of the diplomacy and respect that this forum's founders displayed in the face of this abusive troll. I'm not so sure I would have done the same. What's interesting is that he seems to know how to act at another forum, but goes to others to have a nervous breakdown.
BTW, I really enjoyed reading this thread until it got ugly. This really is a place we can kick off our shoes, relax, and talk about our favorite topics-ON DRUMS.
Definitely worth defending...
All the Best,
:ugeek: Brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:08 pm 

I really enjoyed this thread too, especially when it got ugly ;) , I miss that a little, but it was kept under control very well.

Congrats to all who participated :D

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:01 am 

Quote:
Royal (Pain in the) Ace waits a bit before showing his true colors, which varies between turd brown and red in the face.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Okay....lets get back to more serious stuff. Tim.....about this bebop thing...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:44 am 

Please remember to respect others, and that includes anyone who is no longer among us, for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:41 am 

gulp :oops: I just thought his wording was funny :oops:

Though I think the respect thing went out the window a few pages back.....you have a good point.
Unless he comes back to do battle :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 pm 

What did I say Kelly? I am beginning to understand it, not booking any gigs. There are too many little 19 year olds around this town who would smoke me at it.
Imagine young jazz disciple seeing me play country or rock at a bar with a starlite sparkle RB kit, its too funny. Like it should be at a museum collecting dust.
My standard answer is that by playing it out live I am making theirs more valuable. The conversation never goes well, especially when there is a pint(mine) too close to the kit.

I can't bash on jazz guys or the music at all, I do like it and can play it at a gig, its just not what I get called for and never has been. I do other things better.
It's all music to me, it's just hard to dance to bebop ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:09 pm 

I need some examples. No idea what it's really about. Gimme some songs.

As far as Jazz goes. I own some. But I think true Jazz fans would call it blasphemy. It borders Jazz rock. I'm referring to a few of the Dave Weckl discs I have. Honestly, they just have some smokin drumming on them and that's why I bought them.
I'm probably the type of person Jazz people really hate. If this thread is any indication...then there you have it lmao.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next