On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 pm 

I have to say that I have never had more bizarre gear interactions with folks on the web than the Sonor Forum. Just another example from today...

A guy wrote a post that he was looking for a few Sonor Force 3000 pieces, including an 8" tom. I responded that I had an 8x8" F3K Scandi birch tom that I would be pleased to sell him for $230 shipped and sent him pictures on Friday. He responded that it was a little more than he would like to pay but he would take the weekend to think it over.

On Sunday, he said the reason he couldn't buy it outright was that he had some Signature pieces listed on ebay and was I interested in a trade of some sort? However, at the end of the same e-mail he said that actually no matter what he would come up with the money and would I send him a PayPal invoice for the 8" tom? I didn't see this e-mail until Monday morning when I logged in and I had fully intended to send him an invoice but got busy at work and totally forgot about it.

On Tuesday at 6pm, he sent me a reminder asking to send him the invoice... he hadn't sen it yet and was the drum still for sale? Not in the habit of checking my e-mail at night (I hate to be on a computer at home having been on one all day at work unless absolutely necessary), on Wednesday morning at 8am I sent him an invoice and an e-mail apologizing for my delay and forgetfulness. Fifteen minutes after I sent the invoice and only 14 hours after he had requested I send it, he wrote back saying, "Thanks anyway but I've already spent the money... I thought the drum was already sold."

Huh? I didn't have it advertised anywhere. I was just trying to help out a fellow Forumite who was looking for a certain piece and I had one I wasn't using. And why would he think I would sell it out from under him when I had already promised it to him? What I think really happened is he probably changed his mind... which is completely fine. But why can't people be honest about it? Ugh.

- D.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:14 pm 

David, I don't know sonordrummer2. Sounds like he was running a ploy to keep you on the hook. I know why people don't do what they say they are doing and don't do what they are saying; we aren't that pretty when we really get down to facing it. A man who knows that about himself is apt to try harder...or, I suppose, to congratulate himself on his cleverness.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am 

This is why I dislike most people....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 pm 

:lol: