On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please host your photos in a third party location, and use the [img] function to link to them.

Post subject: Re: GROUP PHOTO
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm 

Gregory,

Your place is just so different and interesting. Really am impressed with it. I'd just love a building like that to become available here. I'd take it in a second. Also the bankruptcy that would follow :lol:

When you say shops do you mean workshops? Do you work from home?

Sorry to continue this thread off topic :?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:18 pm 

Thanks, Ron. Until the economy went south, I had a business restoring the decorative woodwork in vintage cars. So the enormous garage could house clients' cars, and I have a woodshop and spray booth deeper in. Also, a couple of other artisans have shops below the gym.

A building like this is useful if it can be put to work. Industrial buildings in general are available throughout the midwest for not much money, for the reason that few people want them. The problem is, of course, once you own one, having a population that supports with rent. I certainly hope there is no bankruptcy here, but it's a bit tough since my business died a year or so ago.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I love the building; any kind of project that comes up, there's room for it. It is ideal for a drummer, and would be ideal as a band rehearsal space or a studio... were there enough musicians living around here to work with. Like so many things, there are trade offs.

I still work from home, but work is now any kind of piecemeal job I can find. Mostly I end up helping other people with their projects, but I'm going to have to find something more lucrative soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:29 am 

Gregory,

I'm really sorry to hear your business collapsed that must have been really hard for you. Things are like this the world over now I guess.

I like the sounds of restoring old cars for a living! I used to do it as my main hobby before drumming took over. I was into rebuilding and restoring VW bugs. Ran out of money though and as I say drumming became a bigger and bigger part of my life. I think these people with old vintage cars have pots of cash kicking about as they are out with the danger zone financially but they are a dying breed over here for sure. I work in a garden centre and the majority of our customers are retired and spending their pensions. They are slowly disappearing though and it's worrying. Gardening seems to be dying out now too with most gardens being hard landscaped for low maintenance owned by young professionals without interest.

Ok totally off topic now :lol: Sorry!

Love the house Gregory and hope business comes you way real soon :)