On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 am 

Quote:
I think I'll leave that one alone.

Nice way of saying you couldn't.

Quote:
My my, this formerly Premier oriented thread has taken a turn towards relevance.

Relevant to the riff raff that permeates this site. They all go this way.
I'd tell ya to get out of the thread....but then I'd be the only one left. And maybe half a Hale.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:17 am 

Kelly wrote:
I don't think Gunnar actually played them Goki.

That's correct, unfortunately I didn't play them before sending them on their way.

Kelly wrote:
Signia's rock the lower scale with exceptional mids with a higher end not achievable with the other two.
All three project like nobody's business but that is where the Signia note shines. Volume without the mud, sharper, pronounced attack.

Kel, do you think this is possibly attributed to those reinforcement rings that look like their on steroids?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:26 am 

Kelly wrote:
...Relevant to the riff raff that permeates this site. They all go this way.
I'd tell ya to get out of the thread....but then I'd be the only one left. And maybe half a Hale.

Now if all you !@#$ers had just started playing Rogers 40 years ago, and supported that company before they had to look to CBS to begin turning them in to a nostalgia trinket company, but nooooo...

....I eventually had to looking for somthing else, and now I'm involved with all this riff-raff! :? :lol:

Can't we just agree on what the right drums are, the right sizes are, the right heads are, and how they should be tuned, and stop talking about all these things? :o :? :lol:

ok..

..what do you want to talk about now?

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am 

Kelly wrote:

Nice way of saying you couldn't.

Nice way of circumventing "someone who knows what he's doing. " :P :lol: :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 am 

cliff wrote:
Kelly wrote:

Now if all you !@#$ers had just started playing Rogers 40 years ago, and supported that company before they had to look to CBS to begin turning them in to a nostalgia trinket company, but nooooo...

....I eventually had to looking for somthing else, and now I'm involved with all this riff-raff! :? :lol:

Can't we just agree on what the right drums are, the right sizes are, the right heads are, and how they should be tuned, and stop talking about all these things? :o :? :lol:

ok..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I did. Start playing Rogers forty years ago.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:48 am 

cliff wrote:
Kelly wrote:

ok..

My first set was a gold sparkle Beverly.in '71. I didn't get my Rogers until '74 so I only started 37 years ago. :oops: I went to every Rogers sponsored Roy Burns clinic every year and was very loyal up to the Big R days. I loved that set and played it up to '85 when most of it got ripped off. :evil: I had a steady gig and needed a set NOW and I lucked upon a Phonic Natural Oak that a rich kid grew bored with. Since then, I have played Sonor exclusively, I go to all the right parties, I know all the right people, right sizes, right tuning...blah blah, woof woof. ;) ;)

My Vibes are Premier though for what it's worth. :roll:

Roland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:36 pm 

tim wrote:
you sure it's not those Ahead sticks you've been using? :lol:

Ha! yes I gave those up quick. I was having some tennis elbow problems so I thought I'd give them a try. The feel to me is all wrong. Now they're off to Jules.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:46 pm 

Gregory wrote:
RolandG wrote:
Greg,

You have both Bubinga and Fauxbinga right? The Fauxbinga would be an easier catch. I'll be sure to buy any orphan 20's out from under you if I get the chance. :o

My my, this formerly Premier oriented thread has taken a turn towards relevance. 8-)

Roland

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding aside, the only Fauxbinga I have is on a couple of Designer snares. I wouldn't reject an Italian 20, however, although I think I could keep the safari going longer if I limit my hunt to the African variety. You're looking for a 20" also?

Greg,

I am sort of looking for a 20", but I have a feeling that my days of "consuming vast quantities" are pretty much over. If one showed up on ebay, it would more than spark my interests. The 22" records well, and I am happy with the set even if I thought it was real Bubinga. By the way Kelly, I would guess that my son's S Class Pros are of at least partial Chinese origin as they were the last Naturals at Hohner when we ordered with a drum coming from Germany to complete. I have never fully understood to what degree "Made in Germany" is a true claim. My beloved Sonor would never consciously deceive us about anything...would they? :?

Roland

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:54 pm 

RolandG wrote:

I am sort of looking for a 20", but I have a feeling that my days of "consuming vast quantities" are pretty much over.

Twenty mere inches would seem to place a limit on vast quantities. And no, Sonor would never! :o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 pm 

Am I the only one here who has never owned a Sonor kit?

It's a wonder you guys still let me hang around...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next