On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:41 am 

http://www.sonormuseum.com/forum/viewto ... 13&t=10058

Quite a long thread already. I quite like the look of the new throws!

Whatcha all think? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:38 am 

If they discontinue the S Classix - it would be a shame...

I have no chance of saving for an 18" bass drum until November-December... :cry:

Damn...

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:31 am 

Goki, my first thought was about an 18 for you. Second thought was, It is likely that the only change to the bass will be the badge. On the other hand, maybe this moves you toward a Designer bop, if that's still your goal?

As for the throwoff: good looking and I like the lever action. It was clever to make it retrofitting. But what is its design purpose? There was nothing wrong with the old throw that a couple of drops of oil placed at pivot points along the linkage wouldn't solve. And there is nothing about the new one that resembles a parallel action throwoff, dadgummit. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:59 pm 

Hey Ron,
I'm sorry. I try, I really do. Can't see much into the product through the forum haze.
It reads how the typical thread goes on the Sonor forum. The Sonor faithful would praise the new "Sonor drum Air Revitalizer". Yup that's right. Comes in a aerosol can and fits in your stick bag. Just insert attachable long stem nozzle into your drum air vent, hold for 15 seconds and Voila! Old stale air, gone. Comes in a variety of scents too; "Rousewood", "SAMIAMsellingit", and "UbetterLoveitLodgson", to name a few.
Many have reported a significant improvement in the sound of their drums. Some claim their heads and sticks are lasting a lot longer too.

"How could you not worship it you piece of dung".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:03 pm 

To me, the ‘what’s new at Sonor’, and ‘what does Jules think they ought to do next’ discussions hold no interest.

In reality, unless I should suffer some sort of catastrophic loss, I have the drums I need until I don’t need drums any more. If I did need to buy new drums again, I would have to accept that SQ2’s aren’t Designers, but are as close as I am going to get, if I have to go ‘new’. Don’t have much interest in what else the company is doing to meet the market, as they interpret it. As Kelly puts it best, it is about the drums, not the company.

The rest of the conversation can be quickly parsed between:

• Guys that don’t want to buy custom, and instead want some standard product made to their custom desires,
• Guys wrapping themselves in their ‘genius cloaks’, having guessed what the company would do next, and maybe entertaining themselves with the notion of having been one of the ‘influential voices that Sonor listens to’,
• Low level endorsers with posts that sound either as if (i) designed to curry further favor with the company, or, (ii) written by the marketing guys.

Thank goodness for Designers.
;)

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

Last edited by cliff on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Kelly,

You posted while I was drafting, in between other distractions.

I didn't need to post at all.

You pretty much covered it, and better than I.
:? :lol:

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:36 pm 

cliff wrote:

• Guys that don’t want to buy custom, and instead want some standard product made to their custom desires,
• Guys wrapping themselves in their ‘genius cloaks’, having guessed what the company would do next, and maybe entertaining themselves with the notion of having been one of the ‘influential voices that Sonor listens to’,
• Low level endorsers with posts that sound either as if (i) designed to curry further favor with the company, or, (ii) written by the marketing guys.
;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What about the guys who read it and are now responding to what was never said?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

Kelly wrote:
Just insert attachable long stem nozzle into your drum air vent, hold for 15 seconds and Voila! Old stale air, gone. Comes in a variety of scents too; "Rousewood", "SAMIAMsellingit", and "UbetterLoveitLodgson", to name a few.
Many have reported a significant improvement in the sound of their drums. Some claim their heads and sticks are lasting a lot longer too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:... :lol: :lol: and two more!

Particularly useful for refreshing the air on long ocean voyages, like to Puerto Rico. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 pm 

I'm sorry but nothing has improved the tone of my drums more than the Sonor "Air Revitalizer." Air gets stale inside the drum. Doesn't it make sense that you would need to "revitalize" it so that it moves more freely around the drum shell? I mean do you drink water from a container that has been sitting for months? It's the same concept! I don't see how you people can't see that. Perhaps I could also use it to Revitalize the air in my head?

It's very similar to the improved performance I have noticed since moving from briefs to boxers. Air is flowing more freely and I feel a definite change in my approach, energy and touch on the drums. But perhaps that is too much information already.

- D.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 pm 

Wow that's the last time I post a link from the museum site :?

cliff wrote:
‘what does Jules think they ought to do next’ discussions hold no interest

+1 on that line for sure!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next