On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:53 pm 

phatsolid wrote:
Air is flowing more freely and I feel a definite change in my approach...

- D.

Yes, too much information, but I am intrigued by your name for it. :? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 pm 

phatsolid wrote:
I'm sorry but nothing has improved the tone of my drums more than the Sonor "Air Revitalizer." Air gets stale inside the drum. Doesn't it make sense that you would need to "revitalize" it so that it moves more freely around the drum shell? I mean do you drink water from a container that has been sitting for months? It's the same concept! I don't see how you people can't see that. Perhaps I could also use it to Revitalize the air in my head?

It's very similar to the improved performance I have noticed since moving from briefs to boxers. Air is flowing more freely and I feel a definite change in my approach, energy and touch on the drums. But perhaps that is too much information already.

This is one of those 'softballs' that will still be hanging next week. :lol:

I am gonna walk around and look at this one for a while before deciding how to swing at this one.
;)

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 pm 

SonoRon wrote:
Wow that's the last time I post a link from the museum site :?

Don't worry even a little bit about that Ron.

I think everyone here would have made the same comments over there.
;)

River City Trio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:38 pm 

Hi All,

The new throwoff does look like it could be quite nice. From the photo it seems that there are separate tension adjustors for each half of the snare wire assembly plus an overall tension adjustment. This could be especially important if string or wire is used to hold the wire assembly versus a strap.

Barry

Snares: Phonic Roswd 10x14 & 14x14 t-s conv, D508 8x14, D518X, Performr & 3001
6 pc Performer kit
Sig/5000 II /Phonic hrdwr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:49 pm 

Ron, I hope you're kidding.
It's just me being the ass that I am, and...I think I'm in good company.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:53 pm 

Hey Barry,

I noticed that as well.

I have never had a problem with a decent set of wires, as they usually have smooth eyelets/bushings that allow a string to self-center on the snare wire set.

Only (i) if the string/cord is likely to get bound up in a wire end plate that does not have an eyelet or bushing, or, (ii) the cord is too thick and gets trapped between end plate and reso head, does the centering seem like a problem that needs to be addressed.

...or is it just a tip of the hat to traditional over-engineering?
;)

River City Trio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 pm 

barryabko wrote:
Hi All,

The new throwoff does look like it could be quite nice. From the photo it seems that there are separate tension adjustors for each half of the snare wire assembly plus an overall tension adjustment. This could be especially important if string or wire is used to hold the wire assembly versus a strap.

Barry

Hey, Barry. Welcome!

Initially I thought those were adjusters, but I doubt it. Go here http://www.muziketc.ca/en/welcome_en.aspx, click EXPAND on the right side (instead of automatically clicking the girl), under DRUMS, and look at page 23. You can enlarge that by clicking on the page, and then by zooming (COMMAND + on my computer). ) I believe those flutes are ornamental, not functional, and that they are on a fixed holder through which the two rods, connecting the top to the bottom, slide – thus the "Dual Glide System."

I believe it is a tip of the hat to the look of traditional over-engineering. :? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:26 pm 

Kelly wrote:
Ron, I hope you're kidding.
It's just me being the ass that I am, and...I think I'm in good company.

Kelly I love it here man and please don't think I'm taking the hump or anything! I'm not sure all the ins and outs of what happened over there to make this forum start up etc but I do know it was a little controversial? :? Anyway I am aware of slight hostility towards it all from some of the members here and I apologise for mentioning it.

cliff wrote:
Don't worry even a little bit about that Ron.

I think everyone here would have made the same comments over there.

Thanks Cliff :)

Anyway I like the look of the new strainer and will be checking em out when they become available.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm 

SonoRon wrote:
[
Anyway I like the look of the new strainer and will be checking em out when they become available.

Nothing wrong with that, Ron. I like the look of it, too - were I about to order a new snare, I would want to be sure the new one came with it - but not enough to shell out fresh money to replace what I already have, because the new one doesn't appear to solve any problem the old one makes for me. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:37 pm 

Gregory wrote:
not enough to shell out fresh money to replace what I already have

I agree Gregory and by me saying I will be checking them out I meant I would like to see one in person and try it out for action etc. I called my local drum shop today and told them all about it before they had even heard about it all! :lol: They think I am crazy in there. I guess that is why they organised me to meet Mr Menzel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next