On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please host your photos in a third party location, and use the [img] function to link to them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: White ones, too?!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:29 am 

Kelly these kick ass!!!

Just going to go and watch a few of your youtube videos now ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 am 

Those drums are a DREAM!!!!

Let the good drums roll!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 am 

A dream they are Goki.
Alrighty then...let the haters hate.
I got my first Signia 14x7 yesterday. If you could see the smile on my face after playing on it a couple hours you'd hate me.
David was right, he said they had volume. That's not all they have. The body, tone and attack like the kit itself is duplicated in the snares. Can't get over it. High as kite right now. No idea how Premier did it.
I'm not going to rave on, lets just say I am completely fulfilled with this badboy. It's ridiculous.
I will say, the more I read on the love owners have for these drums the more I understand it.
So...
I now have two 14x7 whites and a 14x7 natural. You know when you are looking for something and you find it, a few times :roll:
The second white is coming as partial trade for the Anniversary kit. The natural color one I stole and will make a little money on it.
There is another white one on craigslist right now. The guy wants 300 and it's scratched up, and doesn't have the diecast hoop. They said I'd never find one. pfft

I have an 8x8, another 22x18 kick, 14x12, 16x14 hang toms coming all as partial trade towards blackie. He didn't have a 14 or 15 floor tom to go with my 16 so going with hangs for now. I find another 10 and I will have two complete kits. One for practice, one ready to leave.
I'll have to get the 8 painted. Someone wanted it painted and never picked it up. To think someone has a whole kit painted like this is disturbing.
The black dot in the snare pics is just the camera lens. I have pics of the snare on the kit but for some reason they haven't come through my email yet.

I know years ago this discussion was had on the other forum. Painted drums vs Veneered drums. It was said painted drums sounded better (different??). I have no real explanation for it but these whites have some mojo that the greens had and the Walnuts didn't. I loved the Walnuts, they sounded great, and I don't think it is something you would even notice unless you are playing them constantly like I am. I could just be nuts but the green machine was special to me and I feel it, hear it in these whities.
Flame on veneer whores :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:31 am 

I think my other 14x7 matches this kit. Obviously he couldn't find one.

Loved this color but have never seen a matching snare or 8 tom so...glad I moved on.

Really hard to argue with this though:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 am 

Kelly, to my eye, and opinion, the White SIGNIA set is the most beautiful of them all...
It has purity, class, and attitude.

Second comes that walnut set - the only thing I don't like are the bass drum hoops...

Kelly - You're very lucky to have these!!!

The PREMIER SIGNIA really is one of the best drum sets out there...
To me - it's just like an improved Signature set, or, just like a Designer...

All that devotion to craftsmanship and details is gone down the drain today... :cry:

The blue flamed tom: Are You planning on repainting it white, or painting the other items to match?!?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:16 am 

Goki wrote:

The blue flamed tom: Are You planning on repainting it white, or painting the other items to match?!?

He's buying a semi tractor to match.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:34 am 

Kelly wrote:
...I know years ago this discussion was had on the other forum. Painted drums vs Veneered drums. It was said painted drums sounded better (different??). I have no real explanation for it but these whites have some mojo that the greens had and the Walnuts didn't. I loved the Walnuts, they sounded great, and I don't think it is something you would even notice unless you are playing them constantly like I am. I could just be nuts but the green machine was special to me and I feel it, hear it in these whities.
Flame on veneer whores :lol:

I would not doubt for a second that paint has advantages over veneer. For example, it is much more practical as an automotive finish, and rumored to make a car ever so slightly faster. :?

...and I am equally certain that the paint on this 8x8 makes it a bit faster than the plain whites.

Beautiful snare, Kelly. Send me the natural finish drum for evaluation. ;)

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am 

Can't really comment as I have never driven a veneered car.

I should get the "natural" tomorrow. Have to wait to get the diecast hoop sent to me though from Peter and I will send it to you Cliff. The last owner has a triple flange hoop on it. If you love it....I stole the damn thing.

Goki, I never liked those non matching hoops either and was looking into Walnut hoops.

LOVE these drums!
Pic looks washed out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:18 am 

Kelly wrote:
Can't really comment as I have never driven a veneered car.

I should get the "natural" tomorrow. Have to wait to get the diecast hoop sent to me though from Peter and I will send it to you Cliff. The last owner has a triple flange hoop on it. If you love it....I stole the damn thing....

Oddly enough, I have driven a veneered car. I had a '65 Ford Country Squire station wagon (with faux/Sonor wood panel sides), and a '66 Ford Country Sedan station wagon. The '66 was definitely faster. Could have been something to do with 390 CI in the '66 vs. the 352 CI in the '65, but I am thinking it was more to do with paint vs. veneer. :?

I'd love to try that natural, Kelly. Thanks.

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am 

Wonderful - simply wonderful!!!

Couldn't have happened to a better fella... :D :D :D :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next