On drums...

For drummers to exchange knowledge, ideas, opinions & equipment...
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 am 

Kelly wrote:
I think I told you the blacks are very rare as they were only an experiment by Premier with wraps.

storsav wrote:

No these ones are lacquer, as are the other black ones I've seen. Where did you hear wrap?

Already the surface calm is broken, underlying fissures tear at the newfound solidarity. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:42 am 

I will check on that today, I was bearly listening when I was told. You are probably right, maybe it was just the color black. Every kit that I have seen has had a "see through" finish. Goki posted that catalog somewhere I'll go find it.

Here's a new feature for us Hale:

Ignore Sonor guy mode: ON ( ) OFF ( )

:D

Let me know that you are definitely bidding on that floor tom.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:52 am 

cliff wrote:
Kelly wrote:
...Soon there will be two Signia guys here :D against several Sonor guys. I think we can take em 8-)

...against several Sonor guys?!

What have you got against us?

We're the same guys we were before you renounced your old beliefs.
:lol:

.....and we've been working out! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 am 

:lol:

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am 

Hey Kelly,

Thankfully, we are not a Sonor beholden venue; just happen to be comprised at the core of a bunch of friends and ex-pats that met on such a venue. I am happy to have this place be as critical as it may be complementary of any brand, company, etc.

I think that the idea of you going through something of a development phase in terms of style and sound, and sharing it here is the kind of stuff that makes being here worthwhile.

I know that you are speaking with humor, but kidding aside, I am curious about what “Sonor” means to you these days. Is it (i) the company, (ii) all Sonor drums, (iii) the concept of forum beholden to the company, or, (iv) some combination of all the foregoing that you have in mind while endeavoring to ‘save’ (or ‘take’) the ‘Sonor guys’?

Do you find that there is nothing in the historical Sonor line-up that would suit your current tastes, or just loving the Signias so much that nothing else turns your head these days?

…or are you just being Kelly, and want to see us all packing shipping and receiving kits more often?
:? :lol:

River City Trio

What if we did all have the same opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 am 

cliff wrote:

…or are you just being Kelly, and want to see us all packing shipping and receiving kits more often?
:? :lol:

... with a major purge @ Thanksgiving 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 am 

Honestly Cliff....the short of it.....these drums are the bomb for me.
The long of it...
I try to avoid and dislike acting like Sonor is an ex-wife, though at times it feels like that, 30 dam years married to the harlot, spent all my money and still she wouldn't be happy.
I am much more aware of hype these days and realize for so long I was caught up in it myself. This stirs some animosity regarding the Sonor forum because I see myself 20 years ago in a lot of those folks.
The truth is, Sonor Signature drums were euphoria when they came into my life. They lived up to all the hype and we worked well together many years.
The years since...I can't even explain. So many awesome kits, how can they not be admired, those were fun times. Spare time, spare money, seems there was room for waste on both accounts.
I'd still love a couple Sonor kits, SClass Pros and Designers. But I am at a point in my life where I don't want multiple kits. I don't even think I want two to be honest. Because one of them will not get used.
Though I'm sure the possibility of other Signia kits in my house is likely in the future. Especially if I start gigging. I really wanted to keep those greens but Walnuts were calling and....so was the wife :)
You will get a chance to try these. Maybe, maybe not, but I hope you see and feel the magic in these things that I do. Designers would have been the final kit for me if i hadn't of stumbled onto these bad boys. I have David to thank for that.
I have no NEED for anything else. Still can't believe it. I am finally "drum happy".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:26 am 

LMAO, just saw Gunnars comment.
Hale you been working out?? Please say yes :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am 

I have a set of Phonics that I love and record very well. I'm keeping those. The Sigs never really did it for me, although I've owned a few sets. Kelly and I seem to like some of the same gear, so I'm hoping these Signias do the job for a while. ;)

The shell make up sounds awesome--5mm maple, beech reinforcement hoops, black lacquer (I prefer lacquers to wood usually), a suspension system that seems to be about the best of any manufacturer.

My gripe with Sonor is that the distribution is terrible, the prices high, the options limited...shit why do I play them? When they kit the sweet spot though they really do.

I recorded my bands latest recording on a set of Yamaha Beech Customs and those sounded great. So much for mojo. Drums only sound as good as the drummer, no?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am 

Kelly wrote:
LMAO, just saw Gunnars comment.
Hale you been working out?? Please say yes :(

I have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next